Weight Restriction

Baggage weight restriction is 100 pounds per person. Excess weight is charged $1.50 per pound on a space available basis only. Don't pack more tackle and clothes than you need.

To save on weight, you may pre-arrange to have pop and beer flown in ahead of your arrival.

What to Bring With You

If you are not sure if you are allowed to bring something consult the CBSA's website to avoid delays at the border.

  • Clothing for a wide range of temperatures (think layers)
  • Rain Gear
  • Fishing Rods
  • Reels
  • Tackle
  • Camera
  • Film
  • Insect Repellent
  • Toiletries
  • Beverages


Please keep your fishing license* on your person when fishing. It isn't likely officials will fly in to check licenses but they are certainly within their rights to do so; it's best to be prepared.

*Package price includes your Manitoba fishing license.

Distance Map

Mileage to t he Seaplane Base in Bissett, Manitoba

140 Miles
380 Miles
625 Miles
890 Miles
960 Miles
Kansas City
960 Miles
1140 Miles
Distance Map

Quick Border Crossing Tips

  • Have your Identification documents ready.
  • Make and bring a list of alcohol or tobacco that you are bringing into Canada. When asked, give the customs officer your list.
  • Be honest and concise.
  • Be cooperative.
  • Don't offer information if you are not asked.

Trip Information

Crossing the Border

Canada does not require a visa for U.S. citizens visiting for 180 days or less. However, Canadian law does require that anyone entering Canada provide both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card or NEXUS card will suffice. Children under the age of 18 will be required to present proof of citizenship and identity.

If you are traveling with children of whom you do not have legal custody you may be asked to provide a notarized affidavit of consent from the legal guardian. Visit CBSA's website for more details.

Just as with the United States there are restrictions as to what you can bring with you into Canada. We encourage you to check the CBSA's website for a complete list.

U.S and Canada Border

If you have a criminal record, including misdemeanors or Driving While Impaired charges, you may be prevented from crossing the border into Canada. We urge you to obtain a special waiver prior to your fishing adventure. Contact Citizenship and Immigration for assistance.

Upon return to the United States from Canada you will be required to provide a valid US passport to reenter by air. If you drive back you will be required to provide U.S. passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License or other Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant document. For those under the age of 16 a birth certificate (original, photocopy or certified copy), Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or naturalization certificate will be accepted. For more information regarding entry/reentry to the United States.